I am always trying to attract new collectors to the very interesting and very colourful (in design and subject matter) world of German notgeld. Please don't limit yourself to some drab designed world banknotes or just collecting differences with serial numbers etc. etc. Open your mind to these fantastic historical documents, highly colourful, highly designed, highly interesting, fairly readily available and very highly collectable.
Due to the number of notgeld related emails and questions I receive, I decided several years ago now, to start up the 'German Notgeld Collector's Club' (GNCC). This very special club is specifically for collectors of German & Austrian notgeld (although all notgeld collectors are welcome of course) This club caters for the needs of the German notgeld collector, primarily....... and does not cover collecting general 'world banknotes'. It does however, also now cover interest in the anti-semitic and political overprints on German and Austrian banknotes , originally dated before 1924. eg) the 1000m green coloured Reichsbanknote issue of 1922.
People who I have emailed previously, regarding the subject of German notgeld, are also encouraged to join.
To become a member of my GNCC (German Notgeld Collector's Club), a 'one-off' and 'lifetime' membership joining fee of £35 (or equivalent) is required.
(For reference only, IBNS membership is currently £20 a year!)
As well as GNCC membership, on joining, you also receive 2 small verkehrsausgaben notgeld from Loessnitz, a scarce serienscheine piece from Gronau and an uncommon verkehrsausgaben notgeld dating from 1917 from Chorzow - a total catalogue value of 95 euros!! Fantastic value for the real notgeld collector and you aren't really even out of pocket!
(This club is for notgeld collectors wishing to learn more about the subject and who want to share knowledge and learn about their notgeld. It is not designed to be a place where sellers, uninterested in notgeld except to make a quick buck, can get all their valuations for 'unknown' notgeld they are selling, from members).
(You can register from the home page, using the link on the lefthand side).
I have rolling costs (year on year) of web development, web hosting and permanent web space. This small one-off payment helps me with these costs, cuts down on wasted time with people contacting me about things (if they are not GNCC members) but from your perspective, would entitle you to 'lifetime' membership of my GNCC, where the following benefits are offered;
- A specialised club for notgeld collectors rather than a general coin or banknote club.
- Free advice from me, on all your German notgeld queries. (unlimited).
- Unlimited 1-1 correspondence with me about anything you want to chat about relating to notgeld - the stories behind spcific notes, for example.
- Assistance, where I can provide it, with obtaining pieces you are specifically looking for or need to add to your collection.
- I can 'lay-away' pieces or sets for GNCC members, if they are saving up to purchase a specific note or set and need some time to do that, but don't want the note/set to sell in the meantime.
- Loessnitz, Gronau 'Hohe Ecke' and Chorzow pieces sent FREE when you place your first order as a GNCC member.
- Access to other notgeld info. that is 'hidden' to non members or only available to members who are logged-in. These include information on ; 'anti-semitic', 'Bielefeld 100m pieces', 'scarcer pieces', 'useful info' (including info on coins made from coal), 'series variants', 'error notes', 'serial numbers' etc. etc. There is a lot of info that is only available to GNCC members, so if you are passionate about notgeld, then it is well worth joining .
- As the website grows, specialist additional info. will only be available to my GNCC members. All these options have an asterisk by them, once a member has logged in, so that they know it is a registered access page. I have created a 'latest info' option under 'GNCC' where I will place new info........that I wish to share with GNCC members.
- Free 'general market valuation' of individual notes. This will let you know if you have a 'rare' piece of notgeld and what you might reasonably be expected to get for it, if you decided to sell to either a collector or a banknote dealer.
- From time to time, I will hold a free draw for a 'non-common' piece of German notgeld, which will have a current market value, at the time of the draw, of at least the joining fee! All GNCC members will be automatically entered into the draw, even if they have won before! The winner's name will be placed on my website, so you can all see the results. Members names, membership number and country of residence, will be posted on my website. Only members with an 'M' (normal membership) number will be included in the draw. (No email addresses are shown on the website, so you keep your anonimity). I will hold these drawers, as and when it suits me and my 'notgeld' situation and also I reserve the right to have a redraw if I do not get an email response back from a winner within 5 days. (I need to have that confirmation back to ensure I post out to a correct and current postal address for them).
- From 2013, as one of my GNCC members - you'll receive a 10% discount code you can use (when you are logged in) against every order under 100 euros and 20% discount on orders over 100 euros. (This does not include my 3 notgeld publication or already reduced/discounted notgeld)! )
- Discount codes can be applied only when you are logged in (they will then appear to remind you) and whilst placing your order. - I can address any issues when an order is placed for any GNCC member of course eg) you forget to apply the discount.
PLEASE JOIN MY GNCC NOTGELD CLUB, IF YOU ARE (OR INTEND TO BECOME) PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR NOTGELD AND ENJOY YOUR COLLECTING EVEN MORE!!!!!
TOGETHER, IF WE POOL OUR THOUGHTS AND UNDERSTANDINGS, WE BECOME MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT OUR NOTGELD!!!!