I am always trying to attract new collectors to the very interesting and very colourful (both in design and subject matter) world of German notgeld. Please don’t limit yourself to some drab designed world banknotes or British banknotes or just collecting differences with serial numbers etc. etc. Open your mind to these fantastic historical documents, highly colourful, highly designed, highly interesting, fairly readily available and very highly collectable.
Due to the number of notgeld related emails and questions I receive, I decided several years ago now, to start up the ‘German Notgeld Collectors’ Club’ (GNCC). This very special club is specifically for collectors of German & Austrian notgeld (although all notgeld collectors are welcome of course) This club caters for the needs of the German notgeld collector, primarily……. and does not cover collecting general ‘world banknotes’. It does however, also now cover interest in the anti-semitic and political propaganda overprints on German and Austrian banknotes , originally dated before 1924. eg) the commonly seen 1000m green coloured Reichsbanknote issue of 1922.
People who I have emailed previously, regarding the subject of German notgeld, are also encouraged to join.
To become a member of my GNCC (German Notgeld Collector’s Club), a ‘one-off’ and ‘lifetime’ membership joining fee of 35 euros (or equivalent) is required.
You can register from the home page using the membership picture – just click on that please.
(For reference only, IBNS membership is currently Â£20……. a year!)
As well as GNCC membership, on joining and placing your first order with me, you also receive (with a total catalogue value of 75 euros!!) a scarce serienscheine piece from Gronau and an uncommon verkehrsausgaben notgeld dating from 1917 from Chorzow, So just 35 euros is fantastic value for the real notgeld collector……. and you aren’t even really out of pocket!
(This club is for notgeld collectors wishing to learn more about the subject and who want to share knowledge and learn about their notgeld. It is not designed to be a place where sellers, uninterested in notgeld except to make a quick buck, can get all their valuations for ‘unknown’ notgeld they are selling, from members).
I have rolling costs (year on year) of web development, web hosting and permanent web space. This small one-off payment helps me with these costs, cuts down on wasted time with people contacting me about things (if they are not GNCC members) but from your perspective, would entitle you to ‘lifetime’ membership of my GNCC, where the following benefits are offered;
- A very specialised club for notgeld collectors rather than a general coin or banknote club.
- Free advice from me, on all your German notgeld queries. (unlimited).
- Unlimited 1-1 correspondence with me about anything you want to chat about relating to notgeld – the stories behind specific notes or sets, for example.
- Assistance, where I can provide it, with obtaining pieces you are specifically looking for or need to add to your collection.
- I can ‘lay-away’ pieces or sets for GNCC members, if they are saving up to purchase a specific note or set and need some time to do that, but don’t want the note/set to sell in the meantime.
- Gronau ‘Hohe Ecke’ and Chorzow pieces sent FREE when you place your first order as a GNCC member.
- Access to lots and lots of other notgeld info. that is ‘hidden’ to non members or only available to members who are logged-in. TheseÂ include information onÂ ; ‘anti-semitic’, ‘Bielefeld 100m pieces’,Â ‘scarcer pieces’, ‘useful info’ (including info on coins made from coal), ‘series variants’, ‘error notes’,Â ‘serial numbers’, ‘specimen pieces’ etc. etc. There is a lot of info that is only available to GNCC members, so if you are passionate about notgeld, then it is well worth joining .
- Access to all the archived posts and articles.
- All new articles I am writing will be for GNCC members only to access and will have ‘*’ in their title, so you can see.
- As the website grows, specialist additional info. willÂ only be available to my GNCC members.Â All these options have an asterisk by them, once a member has logged in, so that they know it is a registered access page. Also now, to hopefully make things easier for everyone, I have the ‘monthly latest news’ and ‘latest articles’ section on my homepage, where you can select the latest lot of articles I have written.
- Free ‘general market valuation’ of individual notes. This will let you know if you have a ‘rare’ piece of notgeld and what you might reasonably be expected to get for it, if you decided to sell to either a collector or a banknote dealer.
- From time to time, I will hold a free draw for a ‘non-common’ piece of German notgeld, which will have a current market value, at the time of the draw, of at least the joining fee!Â All GNCC members will be automatically entered into the draw, even if they have won before! The winner’s name will be placed on my website, so you can all see the results. Members names, membership number and country of residence, will be posted on my website. Only members with an ‘M’ (normal membership) number will be included in the draw. (No email addresses are shown on the website, so you keep your anonimity). I will hold these drawers, as and when it suits me and my ‘notgeld’ situation and also I reserve the right to have a redraw if I do not get an email response back from a winner within 5 days. (I need to have that confirmation back to ensure I post out to a correct and current postal address for them).
- As one of my GNCC members – you’ll see the 10% discount will now get automatically applied for you at checkout (if you are logged in) against every product for orders under 100 euros. A 20% discount on orders over 100 euros is still available for GNCC members only by using the additional discount code. ‘GNCC100+’ (This does not include any of my notgeld publications or any already reduced or discounted notgeld)! )
- Discount codes for products are only applied when you are logged in and at the checkout – I can address any issues when an order is placed for any GNCC member ……. eg) you don’t get the correct discount applied on your order.
PLEASE JOIN MY GNCC NOTGELD CLUB, IF YOU ARE (OR INTEND TO BECOME) PASSIONATE ABOUT YOUR NOTGELD AND ENJOY YOUR COLLECTING EVEN MORE!!!!!
- TOGETHER, IF WE POOL OUR THOUGHTS AND UNDERSTANDINGS, WE BECOME MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT OUR NOTGELD!!!!