Hilf !!! (Help)!!

Welcome Forums GNCC Members Hilf !!! (Help)!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Forum Guru
    • ★★★★★★

Hi Charles, I’ve looked under Crusauer (and Krusauer) Kupfer- und Messingwerke in all the Gietl-Verlag catalogues I have, covering war issues, Verkehrsausgaben, Grossgeld, Serienscheine, the periods of inflation (including the addendum in volume 8) and Wertbeständiges Notgeld; checked the Lindman catalogues I have; and gone through the other works on my shelves, but have come up with nothing.  Unfortunately I don’t have Karl Lund’s book.  I’ve also checked under Flensburg and its suburb of Kupfermühle, where the factory was located (and which is actually named after the factory).  On some auction sites I’ve found pictures of what look like 1,000-Mark notes from the Crusauer Kupfer- und Messingwerke, but are in fact share certificates (Aktie, or as it’s spelled on there : Actie – again that thing about the C / K spelling shift. I attach a photo below). My other suggestion might be to contact the Industriemuseum Kupfermühle GmbH, a museum on the site of the factory which is all about the copper and brass industry; the postal address of the administration is Im Erdbeerfeld 6, 24955 Harrislee, Germany and their email address is [email protected] (website : http://www.industriemuseum-kupfermuehle.de); the address of the actual museum site itself is Messinghof 3, 24955 Harrislee.  They’re closed due to Covid at the moment and I must admit that my own emails and letters to a couple of German museums and archives have gone unanswered in the last year of the pandemic, so I wouldn’t guarantee an immediate answer!  Hope this might help in some way.

Participant
    • Forum Major
    • ★★★

Charles, please be a little more explicit.  What sort of notes are Crusau-notes?  The series money? The commercial money?  Post WWI money?  etc.

Have you seen any?  Are they spelled with a “C” or a “K”?  A little more info might help.

Participant
    • Forum Major
    • ★★★

Thanks a lot, Gary !!!

That’s great info ! Now, if any of you can help me with info on where or how to obtain the Crusau-notes, I would be stunningly grateful!!

Rgds.

Participant
    • Forum Major
    • ★★★

I found the follow by Google search:

Around 1600 the Danish King and Duke of Schleswig Christian 4th had a hammer mill for metal processing built close to Flensburg on the Krusau.
    In 1628 the copper mill was destroyed in the Thirty Years War and was rebuilt the following year
    1633 oldest known document of the copper mill
    1644 the copper mill is destroyed and rebuilt three years later
    1657 the copper mill is destroyed in the Karl Gustav Wars and rebuilt by Hans Dencker
    1687 Hilmar von Lutten takes over the mill
    1747 Hildemar Thor Straten takes over the factory
    1766 Josias thor Straten takes over the work
    1802 Josias thor Straten II continues the work
    1830 The royal. Privileges are no longer renewed
    1842 F. Görrisen and JJ Danielsen take over the factory
    1857 Gebr. Schmidt and G. Dittmann and CC Danielsen take over the copper mill
    1864 the region goes to Prussia
    1871 Introduction of steam power
    1885 Friedrich Raben became the owner of the copper mill
    1889 Conversion to Crusauer Kupfer- und Messingfabrik AG
    1914–18 Kupfermühle is part of the armaments industry
    1919 the copper mill becomes a GmbH with seat in Hamburg, majority with the brothers Eduard and Paul Lotz
    1920 The population votes in favor of Germany
    1939–1945 during World War II, the copper mill is part of the armaments industry
    1956 Kupfermühle has to enter into a settlement
    1962 Kupfermühle is closed under the majority shareholder “Grillo Handelsgesellschaft mbH”
    By 1800 the copper and brass works had developed into the largest industrial facility in the Duchy of Schleswig and was considered one of the largest in the Kingdom of Denmark. The change from Danish to German administration after 1864, as well as the transition from water power to steam power and the two world wars, were successfully overcome. In 1962 the “Crusauer copper and brass factory” was closed. 10% of the copper smelted in Røros went directly to the Danish Crown and part of it was shipped in the form of plates or bars as raw copper by Flensburg drivers from Nordland for the copper mill.

In 1956 the copper mill had to enter into a settlement and in 1962 the copper mill was closed under the main shareholder “Grillo Handelsgesellschaft mbH” after around 360 years of operation. During this period, the plant was destroyed and rebuilt several times, as copper played an important role in the shipping and armaments industries.

Participant
    • Forum Major
    • ★★★

To All:

Can any of you help me find anything useable on: Crusauer Kupfer- und Messingwerke? The only scanty info I found, was with Karl Lund: Papiernotgeld Schleswig-Holstein & Hamburg 1914-24, but that’s next to nothing to go by !!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected !!