How do you catalog your collection albuns

Welcome Forums GNCC Members How do you catalog your collection albuns

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    • Forum Guru
    • ★★★★★★

Thanks Gustavo! I will put it on the website somewhere….. :bye: :good:

Participant
    • Forum Lieutenant

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Yes I also like to see them all in one place. I will keep them all in order as alphabetic and on the spreadsheets, organize them in sections.

Im really happy that you guys liked my artwork tags. Thank you.

Here a cover catalog gift I made for you.

Hope you like it.

Regards

Gustavo

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vlhl3i6ip1ays1l03u1yc/Germany.png?rlkey=r00c59h1fvb5qu5cjc1af0x1f&dl=0

Keymaster
    • Forum Guru
    • ★★★★★★

Hi Gustavo!

I collected all types of notgeld …….1914, verkehrsausgaben, serienscheine, Grossgeld, Inflation1923 etc…….and unlike John, I kept all my pieces in the albums, alphabetically as far as I could. I had different documents (WORD) for the category listings themselves but as I say, when I received notgeld additions I always placed the notes alphabetically in my notgeld albums. This worked for me but may not have been the best way for some. I liked the fact that, for a good example, the Altrahlstedt notgeld (serienscheine, Inflation 1922 and Inflation 1923) all sat together. Each collector will find the best way for themselves. John’s albums and documentation are superb, I can say that! Like John, I think your labels looking terrific too! :good:

Participant
    • Forum Lieutenant

Hello John,

Thank you so much for the reply.

I really apreciate your point of view and it makes total sense to me.

Helped me a lot to give order to my collection, and I agree that organizing and reorganizing it, gives a great pleasure.

Thank you.

Participant
    • Forum Guru
    • ★★★★★★

Hi Gustavo,

I totally admire the quality of the album tags you’ve produced!  They look so very 1920s and so appropriate to the collection.

My albums are organised according to the periods of Notgeld, so I have albums for First World War issues, Grossgeld, Verkehrsausgaben, Serienscheine, Inflation notes and Fixed-Value issues.  I’ve organised the First World War, Grossgeld, Inflation and Fixed value albums according to date, because I like the narrative that they give.  With the Verkehrsausgaben and Serienscheine I’ve divided the albums by historical region, as I enjoy comparing and tracing motifs locally;  I don’t therefore tend to separate German issues from those of towns and districts which have later become Polish / Russian / Danish as the result of plebiscites, conquests and treaties.  However, I do add the contemporary Polish / Russian / Danish names in brackets in my album frontsheets.

As for flags,  I must admit that my albums are also identified by the colours of the individual historical states (e.g. blue-and-white for Bavaria, gold-and-white for Hannover, different permutations of green-and-white for the Saxonies etc), mainly out of personal preference.

As my collection has grown over the last 18 years, I’ve re-organised it several times, which has been a source of great pleasure.  However you organise (and re-organise) your collection, I wish you every joy with it.

Participant
    • Forum Lieutenant

I did some tags for my collection, like the image bellow, but for example Augustenburg is German/Denmark.
    Should I remake the tags and add small flags into them?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thank you

Participant
    • Forum Lieutenant

Hello there.

I have a question please.

How do you catalog your own albuns of Notgelds?
    Only alphabetical? or use the Deutsches Notgeld catalogs and make them alphabetical but separete them by serienscheine, grossgeld and so on?

Also when theres for example German/Denmark or russian, do you put them in a diferent section of your albuns?

Thank you.

Best regards

Gustavo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
error: Content is protected !!